Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To my Blog Visitors!

My name is Mireille Loussouko. I am a grade 11 student at l'Ecole Gabrielle Roy in Surrey, BC. I am participating in a project called Yaakaar 2009. This project entails a humanitarian trip to Senegal in March 2009, and represents the final component of a Global Perspectives course at school. This course is enabling me to explore the concept of “development”, while expanding my knowledge of unequal development. Attached to this letter is a brief description of the project.
All students and adults will travel to Africa at their own expense. Individual fundraising by all students for their travel costs is part of course. Cost for the trip to Africa will be approximately $3000. This amount includes airfare, vaccinations and room and board in Senegal.
I invite you to play an active and important role in helping me fund my trip to Africa. Part of your donation will go towards funding my trip to Africa, and part of it will be added to the humanitarian aid which we hope to bring with us to Africa next spring.
I thank you in advance for your time and your generosity.

1 comment:

Lisa Soro said...

Good Luck Mimi! I hope you will be succesful in your fundraisung efforts for this good cause. You can count on me to send you a donation of $500.00. I know it will be a life-changing experience for you.

Auntie Lisa