Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend at Pionniers

This past weekend, I spent at the École des Pionniers in Port Coquitlam, where I met with the other participants for the Sénégal trip . We spent three days talking and making plans for next March. We had presentations from other people who have been to Africa and who have done charity work. I learned a lot and I realized I have a lot of work to do before I am ready to go.

I have to get vaccinations and they cost a lot of money, but I must have them. For example, if I don't have the yellow fever vaccination then they won't let me get off the plane.

We are a group of of teens from Vancouver, Comox, Kelowna, Nanaimo and Prince George.

I had a great weekend and it was nice to meet everyone I will travel with.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mimi - I have a coupon for 10% your vaccinations!!! Remind me and I will bring to you next time I see you :)
- Aimee